Monday 3 October 2016

Travelling companions

I've had a few queries about my travelling alone and I whilst I don't have a human travelling companion I will not be alone.

Some of you may remember Kevin.... He has travelled all over the place with me ......Australia.....USA.......Hawaii.......Iceland......England.  He is always with me and we have formed a very close attachment.  He is particularly ugly and decidedly tatty looking and was purchased from the railway platform in Broken Hill in 2011. He sleeps with me at night and I get quite panicky if he is not nearby.
Kevin
 Also travelling with me is Jerome McGnome. He was born and bred in Arkansas and some of you may remember him from my previous travels - he has also been everywhere but generally disgraces himself.   I rest my case - New York Times Square New Years Eve 2011-2012 A picture says a thousand words.

Times Square

Being cool in the Big Apple

This was the result of his "celebrations"

Big sleep in next morning with his eye mask on -  refused to get up
 In Iceland he fell over drunk and broke his hip - full hip replacement was required

Broken Hip
Zimmer Frame

At the start of the Olympics he tried to enter the pole vaulting but once again came to grief

Sporting injury - he ended up in traction after this one.


I have my doubts that Gordon will survive another trip but I'm sure he will make his presence felt.

So as you see... i'm not alone and with Gordon around I will have have my hands full.

No comments:

Post a Comment