Thursday 24 March 2016

Day 2 of Easter Break 2016 (Good Friday) - and it really was a good Friday

Had a bit of a lie in and took the dog for a walk. It was overcast and very humid but the dog had fun.

I spotted an old cemetery while we were walking so I will check it out later.

Got back and checked the chooks (a nice bit of alliteration) and they had been very busy overnight - maybe they were  just trying harder because of the whole Easter Eggs pressure. Three chooks - 5 eggs - one of them was slacking
Easter Eggs....?
 I went off to check out the cemetery and it was really really old and very quiet and quite deserted....except for its "inhabitants". A lot of the gravestones you couldn't even read but there were some long time tenants.

Been there a while :(

Maybe from Shrek.....?

How spooky is this?

No relation );
Back home....shower etc etc and set off for Ballina.......wonderful fish and chips at the RSL Ballina and a great view out over the river.
RSL Ballina


As I was leaving I put my ten dollars change into what I thought was a one cent pokie machine and pressed 5 lines. I won 10 free games on the first spin and then another 5 on the third spin. Then I realised it was a one DOLLAR machine and I had bet FIVE dollars OMG!! I won $184 and left immediately! lol

Still shaking my head

Flushed with success I went sightseeing around East Ballina and ended up on a bluff overlooking the beach - probably one of the best views in the whole town. You'll never guess what was up there and who gets to see this wonderful view each day....yup....another cemetery. I am not convinced the town planners put a lot of thought into this one.

A grave error,,,?
Now back home with the dog asleep on my foot again and the chooks pecking at the patio door. Very needy. I better take the dog for another walk........maybe in the opposite direction to the spooky cemetery though....its getting a bit dark out...

No comments:

Post a Comment