Tuesday 31 July 2012

Home again, Home again...Jiggetty Jig

31 July 2012 - A great trip back - near perfect weather.  Had a big cooked breakfast at the Motel in Balranald - there was enough bacon on the plate to build a pig!! I guess maybe it's a truckie stop and that's why it was so affordable.  HOWEVER -  there is always a price to pay and I was never so pleased to see the public conveniences at Euston and was so happy that they were easy to find.  I promised God my first born if he helped. Sorry Lee :)

Not long after this joyful occasion I turned a wide sweeping bend in the road  and there were three police cars and  on the side of the road a 4 WD was upside down and people all standing around hugging each other. Now this is what I mean about the drivers - this was a big wide sweeping bend - 110 km limit - WTF happened that would flip a 4WD.  The mind boggles. I couldn't see any  other smashed car so unless I missed it, it was a single car accident. Ah well....let's hope no one was seriously injured.

When I got onto the Wellington Ferry for the last leg home we were accompanied by a very large pelican. Colonel Sanders could make a fortune with the drumsticks alone!!

Kentucky Fried Pelican....?


How beautiful...wish I was on it.
As I drove through Strathalbyn and on into Currency Creek the sun came out and the coast came into view  - big waves breaking - ridiculously blue sea -  cloud free blue sky - sun shining - it was gorgeous and it became clear that there is really no place like home.


Total Road kill #  72                   Today's mileage #654.5   Total Mileage # 3836.4 kms

No comments:

Post a Comment