Monday 17 October 2011

♫♫♫In The Navy..da..da..dada da.♫♫♫

Had a bit of a sleep in  this morning and then went to the Submarine Museum in New London. Real bargain as it's free. It was very interesting, showing the history of subs and all that go with them. We also got to go on the Nautilus which was the first nuclear submarine. I always said I couldn't get into a sub because they were so cramped and I get claustrophobia but I did good and quite enjoyed it. There is no way I could sleep in one under the sea. They have a room the size of a small bathroom and 8 men sleep in there on shelves which have  about a 12" (30 cms)  gap between them.
USS Nautilus
8 Beds - shelves?
We left New London and then drove on to Yale University in New Haven. Much nicer environment than Harvard and a lot less stressful to drive around. Got a park right off and after a quick look around we had a brilliant lunch at a Thai restaurant - 2 spring rolls and this (see below) for $7.95 and it tasted wonderful. The weather today is a superb sunny day - a bit crisp but warmth in the sun. Reminds me of an Adelaide autumn day
This is what happens in New Haven if you overrun your parking meter. Clamped on all wheels.

On the road again heading for Kent to see more autumn leaf splendour and we got a bit off the track and found a beautiful little village and followed some windy country paths. Once again - beautiful.

Miles 140.3 (226 kms)  BUGS # 904   O.L.D. #   $3.00     (OLD stands for Old Lady Dollars - I want to see how much I can save by being old.

No comments:

Post a Comment