Saturday 24 September 2011

More drama

22nd September to 24 September drove 74 miles (119 kms) from Milwuakee to Chicago. Had lunch at a Greek Restaurant when we arrived and I fancied lamb chops - something you just don't seem to see here. WELL!! Check the price! $41 for 3 chops - needless to say I passed lol

 Not feeling the best - have had pains between my shoulder blades, tightness in my chest, hot clammies, very heavy tiredness and dizzy spells, Feeling a bit worried about it all. Didn't use cruise control in the van because if anything happened I didn't want the car just sailing happily on with me "out of it". Booked in to the Hard Rock Hotel and would you believe we got room 1408. For scary movie fans I need say no more. No - the radio hasn't "spoken" to us yet andwe've have had no floods :).  Great views and Chicago is really something else. Magnificent buildings. We had a bit of a walkabout and I decided to nap as the tiredness was quite overwhelming and the shoulder pain and tight chest weren't abating. Eventually I decided I just needed to go to a hospital. Well they were very thorough and gave me every test imaginable. The ECG was "irregular" - they didn't say exactly how. I spent the night plugged in to monitors and having  blood tests and chest x rays and next morning had dye injected and a treadmill stress test done. All very scary but the staff was great. The short answer is they don't know what is wrong but all my vitals are good and my cardiac fitness is "above normal for a person of my age and gender".  All that jogging paid off :)  I only had less than an hours doze at the hospital as it was noisy and I kept getting poked and prodded. Back at the hotel I showered and jammied up and got into bed but sleep eluded me still. About 8 pm I  went for and hours walk and again about 3 am but still no sleep. Finally about 6am I slept - for about 3 hours! Hopefully tonight I'll crash. I'm typing this in a Starbucks - using their internet -and hoping that my travel insurance will cover all costs or this trip is over for me. I've just been to the hospital to get all my bills etc but being Saturday the billing department is closed till Monday.
Except for the tiredness I am feeling a lot better physically but am emotionally drained.
From the hotel room

No comments:

Post a Comment